Friday, November 27, 2009

Welcoming Front Door Decorations


I am just loving these front door decorations.  I am a big fan of moss and the wreath above is getting me all worked up!  Of course, Martha knows how to do "simple elegance" best.  The above "living" wreath can be made with plants, and can last all year, but has to be kept out of the sun.  I am thinking that is not going to work for my front door.  It is so beautiful, sigh....


Keeping your decorating simple, really sets the scene for a warm and welcoming entry to your home.



I love to decorate with natural elements.  These large pine cones are inexpensive and just attached to a pretty ribbon.  How simple and easy is that?



A more traditional decoration for a colonial.  I love the look of this house.


You don't have to use inflatables to be festive! {Don't mean to offend if you love using them, but I don't get it...they usually are just lying flat on the ground when not turned on!}  Using "bulb-y" lights on this gate is really a whimsical alternative.



I love the use of light in this picture with torches flanking the entry and candles in the snow.   Great way to say to your guests...come warm yourself in our welcoming home!


I am definitely in the mood to cozy up my home and get ready for Christmas!
Have fun
~jamilyn~

(images from Martha Stewart, Country Living, My Home Ideas)

8 wonderful comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

Lots of great inspirational pictures here-I really love the idea of the 3 wreaths in a row.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Natasha.

Jami - XOimagine said...

I really like that second image! I don't know if it is the color of the door, or what, but it is SO pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Love doors, front and porch and back doors, colorful, white, natural woods, decorated with boughs of green...
Beautiful choices above!
I know, Martha is hard to pass....
Happy days ahead!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Love all of them!! I'm thinking of doing something in the lines of the second one for our front door.. :) Maybe a different colored bow though, for contrast :)

Hope you've had a fabulous weekend!!

Bethany Christensen said...

Great images- This is what I am going to work on this week. I think I am going to do the fisherman's basket this year. However, mine won't be quite so authentic - I am loving your blog....Bethany

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

I am totally in love with everyone's front door...great job everybody! :)

James XVI said...

I love these doors! Thanks for these inspiring images, I hope to create a handsome door for the holidays at Garvinweasel and will use these as my 'how-to' guide.

Thanks for you note today. I'm glad to see you entered the contest and will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Love what you are doing here!!

James

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

great post! gotta decorate the front door for the holidays. i just blogged about holiday mantel decor.

xo,
cristin